We recommend keeping your BAUM product and other connected devices (PC, Mac, tablets, etc) updated for optimum compatibility and ease-of-use. Please use the links below to facilitate this.
- VarioUltra Firmware Update: the latest version is now available as a free download for all VarioUltra customers. For instructions on how to update, please refer Updating VarioUltra section of the online user guide.
- If you use the Safari browser on a Mac, make sure to uncheck the box Open “safe” files after downloading, in Safari Preferences > General. If the box is checked, the VarioUltra update file will be unzipped and will not work.
- VarioUltra Drivers for JAWS Screenreader Software
- VarioUltra Drivers for WindowEyes Screenreader Software
- VarioUltra USB Driver for Windows (PC)
- Braille Monitor (Windows): a beta version of our new software application called Braille Monitor that connects via Bluetooth with a VarioUltra braille display and shows the braille visually on the computer screen with a text representation directly beneath it. This is a great tool for school or work settings where a VarioUltra user wishes to share details of their display with someone who is sighted and does not read Braille. There is presently no support for this application—install at your own risk.
- Braille Monitor (Android): a beta version of our new software application called Braille Monitor, as descrived above. This version is compatible with Android 2.2 or newer operating system. There is presently no support for this application—install at your own risk.